Saturday, February 15, 2014
Kaddu ki kheer
- Milk (full fat)1 liter
- Kaddu(pumpkin) 1 Medium(grated)
- Khoa 50grms
- Cashewnuts(kaju) 1 mutthi(handful) grind to paste
- Basmati rice 1 mutthi(handful)(soak in water for 30mins)
- Elaichi powder pinch
- Saabudana 3tbspns(saoked for 20mins)
- Sugar to taste
- Green colour 2-3drops
- Vanilla essence 1tspn
- Saffron(zafran) few strands
- Almonds cut finely for garnishing(soak them a day before)
- Boil grated kaddu in water or milk to almost done.
- Dry basmati rice on a soft cotton cloth then grind it to granuales and keep aside.
- Boil milk and add cashewnut paste,basmati rice,saabudana.
- Keep stirring every now and then.
- Add elaichi powder,few saffron strands.
- When the rice is almost done add cooked kaddu to it and cook till desired consistency(it should be thick).
- Finally add sugar,khoa,vanilla essence,green colour to it.
- Garnish with almonds and serve chilled .