Wednesday, March 5, 2014
It’s been a while since my last post. Things were been very busy all around and I haven’t been able to make time to blog.
Spinach Vada is quick and simple snack. I got a lot of spinach at home, so tried making these vadas for the evening snack. This is an easy vegetarian appetizer which helps us to eat green veggies.
Spinach – 1 cup
Onions- 1 no
Rice powder – 1 cup
Corn flour powder – 1 tsp
Jeera powder – 1 tsp
Coarinder leaves chopped – ¼ cup
Curry leaves – 5 no
Baking powder – a pinch
Salt as Required
Oil/ Ghee – 2 tsps
Oil for deep frying
- Mix chopped spinach leaves, onions, coriander leaves, curry leaves, jeera powder, rice powder, corn flour powder, baking soda, chopped green chillies, and salt in a vessel
- Heat oil or ghee of 2 tsps
- Add heated oil to above mixture and mix well
- Make a soft dough by adding little water to it.
- Divide the dough into portions.
- Make small balls and flatten into small round vadas
- Heat oil in pan and deep fry vada on medium flame till little golden brown and remove them on paper towel
- Serve with chutney or tomato ketchup.
Sending this to Veggie/Fruit A Month - Spinach hosted by Reshmi originally started by Priya Kids Delight -Colorful and Healthy Meal hosted by Mina originally started by srivalli Evening Tiffin hosted by Radhika