Sunday, March 30, 2014
SANDRAS BLT and AVOCADO SALAD with CROUTONS
The perfect salad to serve
as an accompaniment to
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Posted: by Sandra
· 3/4 cup mayonnaise
· 1/4 cup milk
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· ½ teaspoon onion powder
· ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and fine-grained kosher salt, to taste
· 1 pound bacon (Jerry Meats "double-smoked" is my favorite)
· 1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bit-size pieces
· 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
· 1 avocado, peeled, deseeded and cubed
· 2 cups Italian Seasoned Croutons (or make your own)
Brown bacon in a large skillet over medium-heat, cool, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk mayonnaise, milk, garlic & onion powder and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste, and if needed, season dressing with salt and pepper.
Add to the same bowl the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, avocado and croutons; toss with dressing, and serve immediately. - Enjoy!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)