Thursday, March 13, 2014
SANDRAS PETITE SALMON SLIDERS
|A very special tiny salmon slider that you|
will love and wont feel guilty eating ~ theyre moist
and carry a punch of flavor...
Prep: 15 mins. |
Cook: 8 mins.
Posted by Sandra
· 1-1/2 lb. fresh skinless-boneless salmon fillet, cut into small chunks (My fav. is King Salmon)
· 2 tablespoons italian seasoned breadcrumbs
· 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
· 1 green onion, finely chopped
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
· ground pepper to taste
· 1 tablespoon water
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1/4 cup mayonnaise
· 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
· 1-1/2 Tbsp. dried sweet basil
· ½ teaspoon Johnny’s salad elegance (or McCormick’s salad supreme)
· Fine-grain kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
· 8 sourdough rolls, cut in half and lightly toasted
In a small bowl, whisk the honey/mustard ingredients to combine; then chill.
Place salmon chunks into a food processor, along with remaining burger ingredients and gently pulse to blend. Form burger mixture into 8 equally sized burgers and place on plate.
Heat cast iron skillet to medium-high, then spray with cooking spray and cook salmon patties for about 4 minutes per side without disturbing (do not overcook).
Place on lightly toasted sourdough buns, topped with sauce--(optional: add shredded lettuce and/or thin tomato slices). ~ Enjoy!
---Tip: For the cucumber salad shown in photograph, I grate one peeled cucumber, and toss in a finely chopped green onion; add a tablespoon of the honey/mustard, and then toss to combine.