Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Haleem made simpler
This is my entry for RCI:Authentic Hyderabadi Cuisine
Wheat(gehun or dalia) 1cup(saoked at night) Handful of chanadal,masoor dal,moong dal,tuvvar dal and urad dal (each) Mutton 1/th kilo (boneless) Handful of Badam and Kaju(each) soaked overnight onions 2(sliced) Ginger-Garlic paste 2Tbspn Green chillies 15 Turmeric Powder 1/4th Tspn Garam masala 1tspn Coriander leaves 1 bunch Mint leaves 1/2 bunch Curd(dahi) 200grms Ghee Salt to taste FOR GARNISHING Roasted kaju,Coriander leaves,Fried onion(brown),Lemon METHOD
- Pressure cook gehun and all the daals with lots of waterfor 30mins on low flame with little turmeric and little red chilli powder about 1/4th Tspn
- Grind to paste Kaju and Badam together and keep aside.
- Heat 8Tbspns of oil in a cooker and add onions and fry them to golden brown,take out some onions(these are used for garnishing).
- To the remaining onions add Ginger-Garlic paste,salt,Green chillies,Turmeric Powder,Garam masala pwdr,Coriander leaves,mint leaves,kaju-badam pasteand curd.
- Do not add water and condense the mutton for 20mins on low flame.
- Now grind the dall and gehun mixture to paste.
- Also grind mutton seperately and add this mutton to the gehun and daal paste.
- finally add some ghee and cook on low flame for 5-10mins
Garnish with Fried onion,Corinader leaves,Roasted kaju and lemon.