Sunday, April 6, 2014
Papaya stir fry papaya nu kachu Sambharo
Papaya nu kachu or sambharo is moastly served with any gathiya or as a side dish in Gujarati cuisine.
1. 2 cup peeled, chopped or grated raw papaya
2. 4 green chillies, chopped
3. 1 tablespoon oil
4. 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
5. 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
6. 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
7. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
8. 2 tablespoon gram flour
9. Salt to taste
10. 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1. Heat the oil in pan, add mustard and cumin seeds and asafetida.
2. When seeds being to cracking add chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Now add papaya and salt mix well, cover the pan and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in between occasionally and cook covered on low flame until papaya is tender for approx 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Now add turmeric powder and gram flour and mix well and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add lemon juice and mix well served with gathiya or as side dish with meal.
You may also like: