Friday, December 20, 2013

Super Bowl

Yay!! The Saints won!  I live in Indiana now, but I was born and raised in Baltimore, hon.  As far as I am concerned the Colts will always be cowardly traitors who snuck out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.  So, while I usually care more about the commercials than the game, this year I had to enthusiastically cheer for the New Orleans Saints I was also rooting against the Baltimore Colts.

As you know, Sunday night is usually reserved for dinner at my Moms house (Nan), but she was ready for a break and my brother offered to host us all at his house.  Dave made some delicious food but despite my best efforts not to forget to take a picture, I did, I forgot.  So, while there was some very tasty Super Bowl food being served up at his house in South Bend, you will need to use your imagination and create an imagine in your mind.   We had a fabulous snacks of Rye Rounds which is an hors doeuvre that Nan has made for years.  It is a mixture of mayonaise, parmesan cheese, minced onion, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, which is schmeared onto little rye bread rounds and cooked under the broiler until brown and bubbly.  Delish!

Next, for the main course, we had a hot taco dip and two types of chicken wings, sweet BBQ and spicy buffalo.  The taco dip starts with preparing 1 pound of ground beef just as you would for tacos.  Spread a layer of refried beans over the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan and top with the seasoned taco meat.  The next layers is that of whatever brand of salsa you like and then topped off with a mound of cheese.  Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and hot sauce.  Perfect for Super Bowl or any other sporting event!

No comments:

Post a Comment